Asset Tracking Quick Start Guide – Using Motorola ET1
Use this guide to install and perform initial setup of RedBeam Asset Tracking using Motorola ET1 Enterprise Tablet.
Initial Installation Steps:
- RedBeam recommends reading the user manual (found on the CD) before installing. If you have downloaded the software (all software purchased outside the US is provided digitally only), the manual can be accessed after installation under Programs->RedBeam->RedBeam Asset Tracking.
- Verify that your computer uses Microsoft Windows XP, 2003, Vista or 7. If using Vista or 7, please go to Start->Control Panel->User Accounts and disable User Accounts control before installing.
- You must be logged in as a Local Windows Administrator to install. Temporarily disabling firewalls and anti-virus applications is recommended while installing.
- From the CD or downloaded installation, double click on the setup icon. Follow the instructions to install the software.
- When you launch the software for the first time, you will be asked if you want to store data on this PC. If so, click Yes. If not, please first install the software on the PC where the data will reside and then return and install on this PC.
- You will be asked to enter a new password for the server. Your initial user ID will be “sa” (for system administrator.) Please make a note of this user ID and password in case you want to network your system later.
- You will be asked if you want to load demo data. If so, click Yes. You can purge the data at anytime by going to Admin->Purge in the system.
- Once the system launches, begin entering your Master Data by clicking on the Master Data tab. This is data that is used by the rest of the system. It includes your company, buildings, rooms, departments, custodians, asset types, purchasing info, statuses and user fields.
- When your Master Data is set up, click to the Asset Data tab and begin entering each of your assets. Master Data will appear in the drop down lists.
- Go to Reporting->Label Printing to print room and asset barcode labels.
- Connect the ET1 tablet via USB. The USB Connected message will display on the tablet. Select USB Storage from the drop down menu and click Turn On USB Storage. The system will ask Are You Sure?, click OK.
- In the RedBeam Asset Tracking program on the PC, go to the Sync Handheld tab and click the Sync with the Handheld button. The first time you do this, the program will load to the tablet. Click the button a second time to sync your data.
- Select USB Storage from drop down menu and click Turn Off USB Storage. The system will ask Are You Sure?, click OK.
- Open File Browser on tablet and browse to the internal SD Card. Select AssetTracking.APK. The application will load to the device.
- The application icon will now be displayed in application section. Press and hold to place application icon on home screen.
If you have a valid support contract and need additional support, please call RedBeam, Inc. at 678-373-0390. If you need to purchase a support contract, please contact your RedBeam Reseller.